With so much demand from our repeat customers for more tours, something else for everyone to come back and experience - especially after having been on all seven of our standard tours (including a few repeats in many cases) and literally having covered every inch of the most exciting roads countrywide - we've developed the following new tours; all timed to coincide with Thailand's biggest, best (craziest in many cases!) and most exciting local festivals. Mostly taking place over the long, public holidays, very often there's even a choice of alternatives - biking of course being the only way to travel, taking the scenic routes to & from and avoiding the traffic jams! The one festival I don't believe it's a wise idea to ride being Songkrahn or "New Year" for the Thais - a HUGE Nationwide celebration when the RTA statistics speak for themselves. Songkrahn held April 12th - 15th annually, we suspend activites for the entire week.
All events listed below are masses of fun, you'll never have experienced anything like it previously, and very doubtful ever will again! These Thai/Buddhist holidays all based on Lunar - 28day calendar, hence all dates below are subject to change. Please check our site calendar for exact dates / times. Accurate to 2020. Please book early as although we're the first biking tour to headline these events - they're incredibly popular with Thais countrywide and accommodation fully booked often months in advance
Overview & Key (1-7)
- 3rd Saturday in September: Petchabun "Swimming Buddha" Festival followed immediately by Dragon Boat Racing on the River PaSak in Saraburi, return to Chiang Mai 30th September
- 2nd - 12th October: Moto GP Loop in Buriram
- 22nd Oct - 1st Nov: "Ork Phansa", the end of the 3-months' duration Buddhist Lent. Here we have a few alternatives, recommended; Nongkhai / Phon Pisai to view the "Naga Fireballs" followed by Buffalo Racing in Chonburi
- 9th - 23rd November: World-Famous "Elephant Round-Up" in Surin, immediately followed by the "Loi Krathong & Festival of Lights" in Sukhothai
- 18th - 27th April: The River Kwae, Kanchanaburi. ANZAC Memorial Day
- 29th April - 8th May: Yasothon "Bun Bang Fai" Rocket Festival.
- 13th - 23rd June: Dan Sai for the "Phi Ta Khon" or "Ghost" Festival
Festival followed immediately by Dragon Boat Racing on the River PaSak in Saraburi, return to Chiang Mai 30th September
Moto GP Loop
World-Famous "Elephant Round-Up" in Surin, immediately followed by the "Loi Krathong & Festival of Lights" in Sukhothai
The River Kwae, Kanchanaburi.
ANZAC Memorial Day
"Yasothon "Bun Bang Fai" Rocket Festival.
Dan Sai for the "Phi Ta Khon" or "Ghost" Festival